Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request information about the LA Metro's use of millimeter wave scanning devices, made by ThruVision. A news article describing the devices, and LA Metro's use of them, is available here: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/will-l-a-s-anti-terrorist-subway-scanners-be-adopted-everywhere/.
Specifically, I am requesting the following documents:
1) A copy of any report or assessment written describing the results of the technology test conducted with the TSA.
2) A copy of the RFP put out by the Metro for the technology, and copies of all vendor responses received.
3) A copy of the contract signed with ThruVision.
4) Any policies describing how the technology is to be used, and any legal analyses or studies that may have been carried out which deal with the technology.
5) A copy of all technical documentation regarding the technology. Please search your records for user manuals, maintenance or service manuals, studies or reports, spec sheets or data sheets, or any other such documentation.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.